Healthcare services, resources, and information are now a tap away with a new mobile app that connects Nova Scotians with care.
YourHealthNS helps Nova Scotians better navigate the healthcare system – it is a one-stop shop to book services, navigate care, and find information easier and faster.
“If Nova Scotians can’t find the healthcare information they need, they can’t make decisions about how to access care,” said Premier Tim Houston. “YourHealthNS will help Nova Scotians find the right care when they need it, no matter where they are in the province.”
Key features of this first-of-its-kind app for Nova Scotia include:
- a home screen that can be personalized with information most important to the individual
- the ability to book blood tests, X-rays, flu shots and COVID-19 vaccine appointments
- a search tool to find the nearest health services
- predicted emergency department wait times
- access to vaccination records
- access to free, same-day virtual care
- the option to chat with a care navigator to help find the best service or information needed and, if appropriate, direct people to a virtual care visit.
Accessing virtual care has also become easier for Nova Scotians. People on the Need a Family Practice Registry can receive comprehensive care from Nova Scotian healthcare providers who can order diagnostic tests and provide referrals to specialists. Those on the registry will also have access to general consults and prescription refills 24/7, 365 days a year through a partnership with Maple, one of Canada’s leading virtual-care platforms.
Nova Scotians who are attached to a primary care provider will also have access to virtual care, which will include general consults and prescription refills. The Province will cover two visits per year.
Nova Scotians without a mobile device can access YourHealthNS online at: https://www.yourhealthns.ca/